Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Functional and Pretty Vanity Storage

Hi everyone!

Back on the subject of storage, I wanted to show you one way I store things around the house.  I have amassed quite a lot of boxes, trays, etc. in my time, and continually seek functional, pretty, and versatile storage options.

Above my vanity, I have kept the storage feminine (spelled 'pink').  (My husband doesn't mind -- thank heaven for him -- nor does he mind anything I do around the house, so I can arrange and re-arrange things to my heart's content.)  The boxes below contain items I don't use like brushes, palettes, sponges, etc., or extra items that I want to always have in stock like my favorite powder, mascara, etc.

Close-up of pretty (and pink) storage, some of which came free from make-up sets.
'Free' is always a good price I think.  (:

The white 'Paris' box used to be blue.  I painted it white and stamped it.  It's hard to stamp on round surfaces, as I found out the hard way, but I kept it anyway and kind of like that it looks distressed and imperfect.

Wider shot of the 2 shelves above my vanity

I put a clock in there so I know how much time I have to get ready.  The brown, primitive box contains items I need to purge at some point in time.  It's just there for now to fill up the space.

I also love primitive dolls.  I got these locally for very little money and I've had them for years.  They have survived many purging sessions, which shows how much I love them, and that I'll probably keep them for a long time.

That's it for now, thanks for visiting!


No comments:

Post a Comment