Recently, I wrote about my Baroque starting to get pudgy. It was getting a bit hard to turn the pages, and some of the paper was getting bent around the corners. (And we couldn't have that now, could we? LOL.) It does still close but it's a bit of a wiggle. More importantly, I didn't want the leather on this discontinued Filofax to start to give and crack.
So I got around to assessing its contents to de-stuff it.
|Almost to capacity|
|Approximately the middle of the binder|
I looked through its contents page-by-page, and really, I didn't have a lot of unwanted fluff in it. I only had a few pages of blank notepaper in the Notes section, and a blank page or two in the Blog tab. I also didn't have a lot of Post-its in it.
What I could realistically take out were (1) tons of receipts that I didn't need anymore, (2) a laminated conversion sheet (which most phones have now anyway), and (3) April-August in the Dodopad diary.
I like having a full year in the Diary section but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.
|I measured, about 1.5 cm worth of paper|
Now, I do have a gazillion top tabs made from cardstock that admittedly take up a lot of ring space. However, I simply don't want to go back to using removable tabs because I have a heck of a time aligning them so they're all evenly spaced along the top. (I have gotten quite obsessed doing this previously, and I finally gave it up. I'm sure some of you understand this.) I may have to resort to this later on though should the need arise.
|Homemade top tabs|
After the culling, here are the results. It's not as noticeable on the rings as it is on the spine.