Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Jan-Dec Index Tabs

Hi everyone!

Whenever I'm with my mother and/or sister, we always peek into each other's filos.  The last time I saw my mother, she asked me if I wanted these monthly index tabs.  My reply:  "Yes, please!"



All 12 Jan-Dec tabs run down the side so you see all 12 months at once.  Convenient, I think!


















Each month has a different picture on the front.  The design is decidedly feminine, I would say French-inspired, and very pretty and chic.

January tab
February tab

Different designs on each tab

One month squeezed onto one page

The current month is squeezed on one page at the back of the tab, obviously to give room for the pretty pictures.  This set was from 2006.  If you don't need a lot of room for a month-at-a-glance, I think this is a good idea.
















The left corners of the tabs have rounded corners which I think gives it a nice touch.














I use them mainly as monthly markers for my diary as, obviously, the diary section is already obsolete. I don't know how I'll feel about them later as I can get tired of color sometimes.  Or if they'd take up unnecessary ring space.  Only time will tell.

And here are all 12 in the Calendar section of my filo.




I don't know what brand they are, I'm guessing Daytimer, but I really don't know because it doesn't say the brand anywhere on the page. It only says "Made in USA" in the right bottom corner. If anyone has any idea, it would be nice to know.

I'd love to be able to get some 2013 ones of these as I love both the design, and that the month is only on one page.  Very practical I think as you turn to the tab and see the month all at once.  If anyone knows what these actually are, I would appreciate the heads up.

And that's it, thanks for visiting!


4 comments:

  1. I would be surprised if those were Day Timer pages. They've stuck with the same designs for years and I don't remember ever seeing those.

    It's definitely nice having monthly tabs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! That's one off the list then. (: I've only ever used Filofax brand so I really have no clue. And yes, it's nice having month tabs, so much easier to flip through the weeks.

      Delete
  2. I have never seen these in the US, so I can't say for sure that they are daytimer, but the layout is very much daytimer-esque. On their regular monthly layout, they squeeze and entire month onto one page like this, so it's possible. I know from my own experience they will come up with a design that they later discontinue for lack of interest. Whatever the company, I think it's odd that they wouldn't put the company name on them, as most companies do. Whoever made them, they are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi kanalt! I thought it was weird too that there's no brand printed anywhere. I have little hope of finding these in the current year, so I'll just use them as dividers. Regards.

      Delete