Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Perfume Storage

Hi everyone!

Once again, I'd like to show you a storage solution that I use around the house.

For a while now, I've struggled with how to store my perfume collection.  I had them sitting around on shelves or in a box on a dresser, but I was quickly running out of room.

Pretty storage but not quite working
(stock photo)

I'm not a big perfume person, but every gal has a few bottles lying around, right?  (:

Recently, I decided to tackle it.  I had a few trays and storage items in my attic that were just waiting to be used.  After digging around, I came upon this mirrored vanity tray that I always thought was pretty and functional, but that I didn't really consider actually using for myself until now.  (It was an ugly 80s brass color before it was spray-painted cream.  Unfortunately, I don't have a 'before' picture, but I'm sure you've seen this around before.)


After spray-painting

It's the perfect solution for me!  It now holds all my (and my husband's) perfume in one place, and it's pretty to boot.

All contained

It also holds room/linen fragrances.  I usually grab for these in the morning and before turning in at night.  The decorative pillar is just to add texture and height.

A birthday gift from a friend.  I love these.

My 'grown-up' perfume  (:

I repurposed a round table I had and placed it right at the door to my bedroom so it's the last thing we reach for when we're out the door.

Strategically located

A closer shot

The miniature bust I got recently at Ross and it displays/stores my current most-worn necklace. I'm sure I'll switch it up at a later point in time when I have a new favorite necklace.  (:  Again, used to add height to this tableau.


Jewelry storage

And that's how I currently store my perfume.

Thanks for visiting!


2 comments:

  1. Doris, this tray is such a fab idea!!! And I love the way all the perfumes look arranged on it - pure envy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanja! I finally got them contained and together. (:

      Delete