Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Filofax Diary Dilemma

Hi everyone!

I've been having a bit of a dilemma lately regarding the 2013 diary I'm going to use in my main filo, a Personal size.  (I won't even get into the diaries for my wallet/purse or Pocket size or my head will explode, LOL.)

I raved about the Dodopad Diary here, with the full intention of getting it for 2013.  But now that I need to actually order it, I've been considering some other options as well.

Why this see-sawing you may ask?  Well, there are just so many options available, and a girl needs her options most of the time, right?  But now, I'm finding it difficult to narrow down my choice to just one.

Here are my top 4 choices and the rationale behind them:

1.  Dodopad Diary

Still my first choice. It's just too much fun!  I love the grid design so I can categorize my life and see what I need to do at a glance.  However, I would love some bigger grids, and after seeing the 2013 design, I just don't know until I actually use it.

Has anyone seen and used the 2013 version?  How does it compare?  Are the grids significantly bigger?


2.  Cotton Cream Week On Two Pages

I love the cotton cream paper. And I love that the paper is a better quality.  I've used this format before but I miss having a Notes page facing the week for non day-specific to-dos.

I also like that it's only in English.



3.  Week on One Page with Notes

This is my format of choice, and this is why the Dodopad works for me.  The Filofax one though is only printed on white paper.  I find the white too harsh for my eyes.  The paper quality is also not that great, although this is not the main point behind my hesitance in getting it.


Since when did these have lines on the Notes page?

4.  Cotton Cream Week Per Page

I didn't realize these came in cotton cream till just now.  This has definite possiblities because it's space-saving and won't make my binder too thick.  I guess I can slip a sheet of paper between the weeks for my own Notes pages.

However, I don't think I can deal with all those different translations! If you'll look at the Monday on the left, it's filling up half the page for goodness' sake.  Heaven forbid two holidays come up on the same day, it'll eat up all the writing room!



This is a classic case of form vs. function -- the Dodopad being the former and the Filofax brand diaries being the latter.

I need to order them in the next 2 weeks, max, so I get them by mid-December.  I've been procrastinating long enough as it is.

I would love to hear your thoughts!  Hopefully someone can chime in and end my indecision.

Thanks for visiting!


4 comments:

  1. If you love your Dodo Pad then I advise sticking with it as the grid is quite a bit bigger for 2013. LOVE the way your 2012 Dodo Pad looks in your Filofax. Would you like to do a guest post on Dodevoted for us?

    Kate Bernasconi did a YouTube review http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMf11pYPbqs on the 2013 version and I can confirm that the grid is now identical in size to the Mini Dodo Pad- of which we sell thousands each year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lord Dodo, it's so great to see you here! And thanks for the comment. I've been mulling this over in my head for weeks now, I appreciate the input. I'll go and check out the Mini you mentioned, I don't think I've seen that.

      I did see Kate's video but sometimes I just can't tell how it'll work for me until I actually use it.

      And YES! I would LOVE to do a guest post! I am honored you even asked. (:

      Delete
  2. If you're a fan of the cotton cream layout, you can download and print something very similar:

    http://mylifeallinoneplace.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/free-week-on-two-pages-personal-filofax.html

    Ray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ray! I'm shocked that I had completely forgotten about your and Steve's files!?! Definitely something to consider. Thanks for reminding me!

      Delete