Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

DIY Tabs/Dividers

Hi everyone!

As soon as I wrote this post on my Malden, and while Planner Grazing, I got itchy fingers again and wanted to redo my tabs.

To me, one of the many beauties of using a Filofax is that you can make things for it.  A lot of you do this, I know.  I do too, but not nearly as much.

For example, I don't make my own inserts.  The most I do is put checklists on pre-printed paper (whether Filofax-brand or not).  I just use a gray pen and draw straight lines, no rocket science there.

Checklists Galore !

I've also stamped the Cotton Cream WO2P paper to make checklists on one side. (I'm a fan of checklists as you can probably tell by now, LOL.)


But printing my own inserts is a bit much for me.

What I've loved to do though is make my own tabs.  I've done this before with both side and top tabs made from scrapbook paper. I like a cheery look to my binders (when I'm not doing white!) and knew pastels would do the trick.

I started with these top tabs.














I also made some for my wallet/purse.

Top tabs here . . .
. . . and side tabs here.





What I've been looking for however are some really durable tabs that can withstand constant page-turning.  Eventually, I found some thin plastic ones and made these . . .




. . . out of these.




But I wanted them in pastels and couldn't find any.  So I looked some more, and found these plastic folders instead.  They're not as 'thin' as the ones I used for top tabs, but they'll get the job done.

I just cut some in Personal size -- 6 3/4 x 3 3/4 -- and punched them with holes.










Next, i used these tabs that I've had for a while but haven't found a use for yet.


















They're a little too wide so I cut each in half stuck them on the sides.

They fit 7 tabs exactly so I now have  a 'Blog' tab.


Here are all 7 of them.  I only used
the white folder first for a clean look.

And here they are in the Malden.

So I now have pretty pastel tabs, albeit hand-written ones.  It's just great to have the option, if you know what I mean.

And even more recently, I made dividers with tabs out of the same white plastic folder material. I printed the sections off with a label printer. Here they are in the Malden.  I love how neat they look!

Now my dividers are almost indestructible.  (:


Thanks for visiting!


3 comments:

  1. Very inspiring! Love your checklist stamp and great idea for the tabs .

    ReplyDelete
  2. all I had to do was trace it 16 times to make the set. Plastic Divider

    ReplyDelete