Pages

Saturday, February 22, 2014

What's New in 2014?

Hi everyone!

There are a few things I'm doing differently this year in my planner pages.  I wanted to try out a few new things to see if I would be more productive and organized.  And I think I may be.

Here's what I've been up to:

Using a Monthly Diary.  I tried this before and didn't keep up with it.  The grids are really pretty small for what I thought I wanted to write in there so I knew I had to change things up if I wanted it to work.

I use them to --

(1) Color-code events/appointments with stickers.  If you'll notice, I just put the sticker on the date so it doesn't take up too much room on the grid.  The sticker just alerts me to something important for that day and I'd still go to my weekly pages for the details.


(2) A very mini journal of what happened that day.  This has worked splendidly for me.  I now know when certain things happened, where I was, or who I saw.


Decorating my pages.  I've been doing it this year and I'm enjoying it.  It's a little bit of work, but they make the pages look colorful.  Also, it's another 'creative outlet' for me. (:

Next week's pages

Using the Frixion 0.38 Slim erasable pens.  I wanted to make my pages neat and tidy so I got the Frixions in the colors I use to color-code.  I actually only got them this week so I have yet to see if they work for me, but so far, so good.


I prefer a 0.4 mm or smaller tip for my writing and these fit the bill. I couldn't find a brown in the Slim though so it's the odd one out in the photo.  The Muji erasables were in 0.5 mm and just didn't suit my writing.  My daughter has them now.

Doing these new things is a little bit more involved but does make planning more fun and colorful.  I wonder if I can keep this up, ha ha.

What new things are you doing in 2014?

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment