Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Filofax Containment Part Four

Hi everyone!

I showed you where I store my Filofaxes, inserts and accessories in this post.  Here's a picture of one of the cupboards of my craft table.

Not a pretty sight!  ):

The Ikea boxes store the Filofax binders.  Some of the empty Filofax boxes contain accessories and random bits that I wrote about here.  The accordion folders that I wrote about here contain fresh inserts.

This really isn't that bad in the big scheme of things, but it bothers me a little bit.  I have to get some boxes out to access the binders themselves, which in my opinion isn't very efficient.

And so, not willing to live with this mess any longer, I tackled this today.  I threw away old stuff (plastic envelopes inserts come in, old diaries - because I don't archive past years -), put the empty Filofax boxes in storage in the attic, and went through all my accessories for the Pocket and Mini.

Hiding behind this door is the result of the purging and organizing!  (Bad phone camera photos, sorry!)


Ta-da!

Ahhhhh !

It may not seem like much at first glance, but it's soooo much better for me.

Personal-sized Filos now comprise the majority of my collection because I got rid of some Pockets and Minis.  They are housed in the 2 bottom Ikea boxes.  The white accordion file contains inserts.  The black Filofax box contains Personal-sized accessories.

The Ikea box on the top shelf contains Pocket and Mini Filos.  The 2 accordion files contain Mini (blue) and Pocket (pink) inserts and accessories, respectively.










Pretty filo storage side-by-side
The blue Martha Stewart accordion file has been sitting around unused until I commissioned it for this. This is the smaller 8-pocket version.

The pink accordion file is a random bookstore find that you've seen before.










Now that I've gotten the momentum, I will tackle the Personal-sized chaos next.  I will have to get another accordion file though.  I find it really is the best way for me to organize.

I'll let you know what comes out of that project.

Till then, thanks for visiting!










PS:  I realized after writing this that is my 50th post!  It sure doesn't seem like it.  I'll have to say though, it's been fun!  And to all the readers and followers . . . Thanks so much for being out there and reading my drivel!  It means a lot!


4 comments:

  1. I love the accordion file idea for storing extra pages, and the Martha Stewart ones are so pretty. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great!

    Sometimes a messy cabinet doesn't bother me and other times it does. When it does, I do something about it. Love what you did with yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I think you may be right. In this case, it was the accessibility - it wasn't easy to get things in and out which is why I needed to do something. Regards.

      Delete