Pages

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Even More Wallet Fixes

Hello everyone!

As I was using the new set-up that I talked about in this post, I felt slightly overwhelmed.  I did like having most things with me when out of the house, but I felt I had too much.  I was looking for the sweet spot between my Malden stay-at-home binder and my previous wallet set-up.

I thought I achieved that, but it looked a little bit too busy for me.

Pretty and colorful but a little busy.

I was browsing online as I usually do and happened upon GTD by David Allen, again.  I had completely ignored this previously as something that would never (never say never) work for me.  This time around however, I looked at it more closely and thought it might be worth trying.

For those of you who are not familiar with GTD, it’s quite a simple concept – compartmentalizing your life into the following:

(a) Next Action/s
(b) Project
(c) Waiting For, and
(d) Someday/Maybe.

I will TRY to explain what I did as clearly and simply as I can.  I needed a few hours to wrap my brain around it at first, being of the Filofax school of tabs – Address, Diary, Notes, etc., etc.  What I did first was to find a place for my existing categories within GTD in the way that made sense to me.  Next, I made a Table of Contents section for each section to help me find things, especially in the first stages of using it.

I  may have over-simplified it, but that's about all I did.  Easier said than done though because it was a complete 180 degree re-think for me.

(If you have any suggestions on how to more effectively use GTD, I would appreciate your thoughts.)
GTD tabs in the center photo, table of contents are in each section

The only other tabs are the Blog and Business sections.


I’ve been using it for a few days now, and so far, I can still find things when I need them (the table of contents does help).

The Diary section remains the same.

Binder clip with alphabet transfers used as Today marker.
Also still using the Muji stamp as day-to-day to-do list.

And, the other thing I’m excited about -- I created an Office section in my wallet. It’s at the very front and is protected by 2 thick plastic flyleaves.    It was basically just putting anything stationery-related in one place – pen, Post-its, receipt envelopes, calculator, ruler, etc.  I’m actually very excited about this section.



And last but not the least, the actual Wallet section which remains the same, all of which are in the rear of the Filo.

 

There’s a sub-story to this post actually.  And a confession.  I put an online order for a Midori Travelers’ Notebook!  I’ll elaborate more next time.  (:

And here's a before and after shot of the Baroque.

Before

After

In the meantime, let’s see how this works.

Thanks for visiting!



3 comments:

  1. Nice, and I hope it works well for you... But I am curious to see how you use the Midori! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tina, thanks! I can't wait either. (: I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy it for creating the details, keep up the truly amazing perform continuing How to split BCH

    ReplyDelete