Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Muji Stationery Haul (and mini review)

Hi everyone!

I don't usually post hauls on this blog but I thought I'd do one on a Muji shopping trip I did for my mom and sister.  This was weeks ago and I didn't want to post it before they got their packages because they do sometimes read my blog, and I wanted it to be a bit of a surprise.

I got them a few other odds and ends but I wasn't able to take a photo of those, so this will be purely a Muji showcase.  (:

As many of you may know, Muji is a great source for stationery.  I've gotten some things there I wasn't expecting -- the Muji stamp for instance, and personal and pocket size refills, to name a few.

Here's the lot:
Clockwise from top:  Clear, zipped pouches that fit Personal and Pocket; pen-style scissors and index stickers (mine, LOL); pastel multi-pen; clock sticky notes; Pocket punch; checklist & box stickies; checklist & box stamps; finally, undated weekly and monthly calendars.
I won't waffle on about every single thing, but I wanted to write a mini review about a couple of things:
  1. The clear zipped pockets are such great quality.  They're a teeny bit smaller than Personal or Pocket, but fit right in after punching.  I've been using one for coins in my Slimline for some time now, 1 1/2 years to be exact, and it's holding up pretty well. (I remember how long I've had it because I was with my sister in July 2012 and I've had it since then.) Considering it carries heavy and dirty coins, it has had no tears or snags, and the zipper still works perfectly. I prefer these to the Filofax-brand ones because of the location of the zip (which I know you all understand).
  2. The Pocket punch works great!  They have steel 'teeth' and can punch easily through a few pieces of paper or cardstock.  It's a pity I haven't seen one in the Personal size.  I don't think Muji has one.

A close-up of the stamps and stickies.
I love that Muji stationery (and most of their products) are streamlined and functional.  I've written about them before in these posts:

Muji pens/cases
"I Love Muji"
Calendar Planning in the Midori
2013 Diary Experiment
Using the Muji Stamp in the FF Cotton Cream and Dodopad diaries

That's it folks.  Should you have any questions about any of the products in the photos, please don't hesitate to ask and I'll try to answer them.

Thanks for visiting!  And Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment